Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dust Bunnies & Violins

It took a lot of trying, but I gathered the energy to clean. This isn't just any cleaning, I cleaned under our King-sized bed! Holy dustballs! Chayla and I swept, vaccumed, and then swiffered under that sucker. I think my shoes, which reside under our bed, were thankful. The cool thing was that I found Freddie's memory box amongst the shoes. I dug up a bunch of old pics from when he was a little boy. Now that Mateo's hair is long, he looks even more like his dad. It's funny to think that one day he'll be a man.

We watched the Goonies today. Mateo was into it for 5 minutes but Chayla was the one that cracked me up. When Andy (the cheerleader) accidentlly kissed Mikey (Sean Astin) she turned her head, covered her mouth, and giggled with embarassment. The funy thing is I remember having the exact reaction when I first saw it back in (dare I say) the 80's!

I took Chayla to rent her violin. It's a very exciting adventure we're embarking upon: a daily 15-minute dose of screaching "twinkle, twinkle little star". Wish me luck. At least she's adorable.



Mateo continues to amaze me. While he was playing with his spoon he placed it on his nose. He then crossed his eyes and looked over at me. He exclaimed, "oh wow! I see two mami's." We also had a great time playing in his clean room. Chayla's old tea set and fake food really triggered his imagination. He was utterly grateful that I made him hotdogs, waffles, and special juice! Check out how fast he can climb up to Chayla's bed (I had barely snapped the pic from above).

1 comment:

Jocelly said...

Hola Vicky! I love reading your blog, and especially the pictures of the kids. :)
Un abrazo!