Saturday, September 27, 2008

R&R&R

Rain...it rained off and on all day. It's nice when it rains b/c you don't feel the need to be outside enjoying the warmer days. It'll soon be winter and we'll be confined to the house more often, but being so busy, it's nice to take a break. My job has kept me busy, but it's rewarding. I actually look forward to going to work. Today I drove some students to Howard University to attend a Youth Leadership Conference. My route began at 7:15am and by 12:30 I was ready for a nap!

Rest...I needed some. I've packed our weeks with so much stuff to make the time fly, I really needed a nap. Work, Chayla's Hip Hop class, Mateo's school and co-oping, his sports class. Chayla is a busy gal with a better social life than mine. She went to the movies and saw Igor with her BFF Ariel. Now she's at a birthday party across the street. My 9 year old has a 9pm curfew. I never had a curfew b/c I was never allowed anywhere! Chayla is in an accelerated classroom (Gifted Center) so she has more work to do. She's a very hard worker and dedicated to her studies, so I don't mind that she has fun on the weekends. Plus, it helps her pass the time and miss her dad a little less.

Relaxation...b/c of the rain, I decided to stay home this afternoon and enjoy Mateo. Earlier, I took him to a Tiny Tots sports class at 9:30am where he refused to trap, dribble, or throw the soccer ball. We had to run a lap to warm up and as we passed a bench, he just ran right to it and sat down. He wasn't very into it today. We then watched a movie, ate popcorn and marshmallows; made playdough and a mess; and then we made and ate chocolate chip cookies. When I told him we were going to make cookies he said, "good idea Mami!" Another good quote was when we were headed upstairs. He opened up his arms and quietly said, "I wanna hold you, Mami." He meant he wanted me to hold him :) I love those moments.

1 comment:

Angela and David said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It's addictive. I hope you don't mind, I linked on my blog to yours so I could check in on you consistently.