Sunday, October 26, 2008

Commissary debacle

Boy was I happy to sleep in. Mateo didn't really wake up until 10am!!! This was because he didn't nap very well yesterday and still went to bed late. I digress.

I went to the commissary today to buy all the baking supplies I'll need for Halloween (the actual day and the school parties in between) and Mateo's school's bake sale. I planned on shopping today b/c I have little time for it during the week. I had gotten everything on my list and went to stand in the check-out line. This was the most monstruous line I've ever seen, and to boot, Mateo decided he'd had enough. While I waited for 30 minutes, Mateo got increasingly hystercial. He was sprinting up and down the aisles and then screaming just for the heck of it. I was 1/2 way through the line when he lost it completely and I had to leave. I was so mad. I wasted two hours of a perfectly good Sunday. Mateo knew he was in trouble and did not protest when I put him in his crib for his nap. He tried to win my affections when he woke up by saying, "I'm so sorry mami." It warmed my heart a little.

Chayla had warned me not to put our jack-o-lanterns outside. When Mateo & I came home from the store I witnessed a squirrel, as fat as a cat, munching on the eyebrows of our pumpkins. Dang squirrels.

And for those moms who can appreciate...I made it to the gym tonight!

No comments: