Thursday, October 23, 2008

Six more weeks

I was in a pretty bad mood this morning because stupid Enterprise car rental is charging me for a broken windshield on a car I rented in Lakeland back in July! I'll never use them again. So, I took this mood to work with me and kind of but it on the backburner while I interpreted at a meeting. As I sat listening to these parents I was transported back to my high school experience. My parents were very strict and allowed me very little freedoms. This poor girl was dealing with the same issues. As the Dad sat there explaining his stance, I started to feel a little post-traumatic stress. I totally blame my parents for making me a social retard, but then again, I thank them for keeping me in check. After the meeting a florist calls me and tells me he'll have to deliver my flowers to my house. Flowers??? Who could they be from? Sadly, the only person it could've been from is hundreds of feet underwater. When I looked at the little card it WAS from my wonderful husband. His last port visit was over 2 weeks ago, so he planned ahead and had them delivered on exactly 3 months since he's been gone. 6 more weeks!!!

On a random note...
Last weekend when I was in VA and driving to Target we passed what you may consider a typical "redneck" -- an older, heavy-set, white man wearing a trucker hat, suspenders, and probably some kind of boot. This man was waving a huge flag at the intersection near the entrance to Target. I turned to my friend, sighed, and asked her what this crazy guy had on his flag. To my complete and utter shock, he was waving the faces of Obama and Biden and encouraging Virginians to vote Democrat. I started screaming in the car, "it's a good day in America, people! Let's get out and vote!" I think I scared the poor guy who was trying to cross the street in front of my car. Sorry guy.

2 comments:

Angela and David said...

I had no idea your parents were so strict in high school. Maybe it was because mine were pretty strict as well? I hope the next 6 weeks fly by for out.

Angela and David said...

Oops, I am typing in the dark between feedings, that last word should be "you", not "out."