Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hook 'em!

I made the mistake of having a drink last night. I thought since it was Fri nite, I could sleep in on Sat AM and sleep off the effects of the drink. Not so much. Poor Mateo was up all night complaining of an earache. I took him to my bed and back to his crib 3 times. He finally slept from 6am to 9:20am straight. I didn't think he'd want to go to his sports class b/c he didn't sleep well, but he was excited to see Coach Doug. We went to the class were he refused to participate in snapping or punting the football. He just wanted me to chase him around the gym.
The rest of the day I tried to clean the house, but Mateo can be quite the obstacle. During his naptime I was able to finally hang up some pictures in the dinning room. After his nap we went to the neighbor's house to play. His friend will be 3 in Jan and so she's in the midst of potty-training. While we were there she advised her Dad she needed to go potty and he ran upstairs with her where she successfully used it. As she squealed about her accomplishment from upstairs, Mateo yelled, "you a big girl, Audy!"

Chayla got a 95 on her diorama! She spent all day outside, even forfeiting her lunch. I guess when you are 9 and are allowed to play outside all day you will forgo many things. When she finally came in she got down to business. You should've seen her practicing her violin...plucking at the strings and trying the bow. The pizzicato (plucking) is much easier on the ears. This is the next project that is due, the Kachina Doll.


No call from Freddie today, but I'm hopeful it'll happen soon. Can't wait to tell him the UT beat Colorado 38-13 making them 5-0 going to the Red River Rivalry next week AND that Navy beat Airforce!

No comments: