Saturday, October 11, 2008

Four days

I haven't written since Tuesday b/c I spent my evenings (the only time I have some peace) speaking to Freddie. Sadly, he left on Friday morning and will be incomunicato until end of Nov. I think this time it was a little more difficult for him to say goodbbye. While we miss him, this whole deployment is far harder on the person stuck in the sardine can underwater who cannot see the light of day.

On Yom Kippur I tried to rest. That didn't work. By the time I knew it was time to head to DC to see Alison and Izzy (in from NYC). We figured out that both our kids LOVE the Wonder Pets on Nick Jr. Mateo can sing a good chunk of the song, and Izzy knows all about teamwork! Here's a link to youtube with an adequate version of the opening to the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_a7lxnSeqk&feature=related
Mrs. Powers (Alison's mom)makes one mean baked ziti. Izzy loved it so much she made sure the sauce found its way to her nostrils and hair:



When Mateo and I got home that evening he was so excited to see Chayla. He said, "Chay-ya, I'm so happy to see you!" Then they embraced:



Today we had Coach Doug's wee-sports class. Mateo finally participated; he has one awesome throw. Sadly, he still has not warmed up to the Coach. He hides behind my legs or cries when Coach approaches us for some one-on-one instruction. The great thing about this class is that it wears him out so he goes down for his nap pretty easily. I still feel bad that Freddie isn't there to partake in these things with his son.

It was such a gorgeous day that I finally washed the cars, buffed the bumpers, and refilled some fluids. I rounded up the neighborhood kids and they "helped" me. It was more work to correct what they did than if I would've done it myself to start. Nonetheless, I promised them I'd hosed them down after they helped. They had so much fun pretending it was summer. We finished off our day with hot dogs, chips, and apples slices.

It seems impossible to get anything done during Mateo's waking hours. Do any of you moms have suggestions?

2 comments:

Memória said...

You weren't lying when you told me he wears the shoes I bought him every single day!! That is awesome!! When he grows out of them, tell me. I'll get him a new pair :D.

CALL ME SOMETIME!! PLEEEASE!

-Memoria, your dedicated, blog follower :) hehe

Angela and David said...

I hope you figure out how to get things done while Mateo is awake so when Zach is a little older you can fill me in.