Monday, October 6, 2008

Glasgow

While the economy crashes around us, a war rages on, and McCain pretends that Palin is smart and he is an agent of "change", I continue on in my own world. I'm involved, but these days it's from a distance. I'm just trying to make it until December when Freddie comes back. I imagine that's what so many military spouses HAVE to do - make it day by day.

But I have good news! Freddie called today! He ported in Scotland because something on the sub broke. We will be able to chat for the next 3 days but then he will be out of touch until end of Nov. I had hopes he'd be back at the end of this month, but the schedule has now changed. Looks like he'll return end of Nov/start of Dec. Hopefully Oct will fly by as quickly as Sept did.

My friends keep saying that this time apart must be hard for me. It's actually been a lot easier than I expected. It's nice to know that I am still a strong, capable indivdual. I'm surviving and thriving! Right now, I'm looking forward to the call from a sailor who has hit the town after not having a drink in a month (read as "eternity" in sailor talk).

1 comment:

frabjouspoet said...

Hon, day by day is all any of us can do. :)