Tuesday, October 7, 2008

For Freddie

Freddie is in Scotland and will be able to see this blog from an internet cafe. I'm posting a few things I know he'll enjoy.

Despite being a serious and attached kid, he is enjoying school:
Mateo, the ladies man:
It was picture day at Mateo's Nursery School today. All morning I tried to make sure he was in a good mood for school. He was fine at breakfast (oatmeal is his favorite!): (Yes, those are the 43 presidents of the USA on his placemat...gotta start young).

I spent an hour trying to get him to cooperate with the photographer, to no avail. When I came back to pick him up his teacher declared he did take pics and she even got the class to take a picture together. Ms Kathy, the miracle worker. Here are pics of Mateo in his picture day clothes. I tried to tame those Puerto Rican curls.

Here's a pic of Ms. Chayla, who is growing up before my very eyes

Mateo in action:


I tried for 1/2 hour to post a video of Chayla dancing. I can't get it to work! Arrg!

1 comment:

Memória said...

Now I know why he speaks English LOL! I can't believe he knew to say "I got it" in that situation. If you think about it deeply, that expression is such an abstract thing to say since "get" is stereotypically used with the acquisition of a tangible object. So amazing!

I'm so glad you posted a video of the two. Chayla is growing up way too fast! Wow! She looks almost like a teenager in that picture with her hair swooped over to one side. Also, Mateo looks sooooooo handsome for pic day! I love the ladies' man picture! LOL

-Memoria

P.S. ¡SALUD! ¡SALUD! jaja (you sneezed twice on the video)